Monday, October 8, 2012

First week in Summerland

This is a picture of the snow white radio telescope at the observatory.

 Looking at the sun without becoming blind.

Looking at what time the sun will set at with a globe.

(Mom note: the above three photos were from the Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory, south of Penticton. Great tour!)

Picture of a steam train that we rode on, that got transported to Summerland from Montreal (built in 1912). (Mom note: The ride was along a short segment of the historical Kettle Valley Railway.)

Grapes near Thornhaven vineyard.

Picture of pumpkin that got used for our pumpkin pie.

Picture of a duck
(Okanagan Lake in the background)

Picture of Trout Creek

Making a dam with rocks in Trout Creek

Anonymous dog trying to eat my cheese curds.

(Mom notes: 1) The duck was freakishly tame, hovering around us most of the time while we played in the sand. 2) Trout Creek runs down from the mountains into Okanagan Lake. In the top creek picture, you can see the train trestle bridge that the steam train crosses. 3) The anonymous dog was probably hungry - it had just hiked up to the top of Giant's Head Mountain, where this photo was taken.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you're having a great time
B

Jonathan said...

Nice pics Isaac! A few there look familiar. Looks like you had lots of fun at the observatory. And the steam train looks way cool - I've always been interested in steam power, but never built or ridden on anything that is steam powered. You are pretty lucky.

Did you have any luck damming Trout Creek? I used to love trying to dam creeks when I was just a bit younger than I am now. Perhaps given the opportunity I might get into it again...

Good work - keep posting.
J

Anonymous said...

Oh, a Jack O' Lantern (this is a new word I learned this Halloween). It must have been exciting - what kind of face did you carve? Wish I'd had a chance to do this when I was young. Nice!

Venus

Post a Comment